02-10-11 NYC NY: 1325 hrs. I have been in NYC for a few days. I have been jammed with shows, press and other obligations and let this humble report slip.
Last week, I don’t remember much of it. I was in LA working on things and doing press. The radio show was good. I hit the road Sunday morning at 0414 hrs. I got here and it’s been a blur ever since.
New York is always like this for me. It’s always press and meetings in the morning and usually a show at night and then some sleep. Other things fall to the side trying to hit all the marks on the schedule. It’s amazing that Thursday has come already. I am two shows into the string of dates and I think so far, it’s going well. Audiences here are fantastic, so I am in good company every night.
I am at a venue called Joe’s Pub. It’s very small and well run. Everyone seems to be comfortable, the staff is friendly and the sound onstage is good.
As you probably know, I take these shows very seriously. I want them to be as good as they can and sometimes, the hours before the show are somewhat distracted and prone to anxiety. I cannot fail an audience. Of course I can and easily have but I can’t. I think you know what I mean.
So, often the afternoons I feel like I am in holding, waiting for the evening to start. I am feeling better, now that I have a couple under my belt. I am looking forward to the rest of the week of shows.
On Sunday morning, I will get to Washington DC in the afternoon and have a few hours off before I have to get to the venue for soundcheck. Then, there’s two shows that night. It feels like a lot initially but by the time you’re into the second one, it’s nothing you can’t deal with.
I don’t know if I will have the opportunity to write on that day as things will be moving very quickly. Perhaps on Monday or Tuesday I can. As it is now, I have to get radio notes ready for this Saturday’s show and I am getting a bit nerved up about tonight. Sorry for filing late and thanks for reading this. Henry
2017September July June May March
2015July June May April
- 04-28-15 Henry & Heidi Podcast: Rollins Band Part 2
- 04-13-15 Henry & Heidi Podcast: Haagen-Dazs
- 04-03-15 Henry & Heidi Podcast: The Chase
2012December November October September August July June
- 06-27-12 DISPATCH 06-27-12 LOS ANGELES
- 06-13-12 DISPATCH 06-13-12 OTTAWA CANADA
- 06-04-12 DISPATCH 06-03-12 WHITEHORSE YUKON TERRITORY CANADA
- 05-27-12 DISPATCH 05-27-12 LOS ANGELES
- 05-23-12 DISPATCH 05-22-12 EN ROUTE TO LOS ANGELES
- 05-13-12 DISPATCH 05-03-12 JOHANNESBURG SOUTH AFRICA
- 05-08-12 DISPATCH 05-08-12 WOLLONGONG AUSTRALIA
- 04-29-12 DISPATCH 04-29-12 SYDNEY TO DARWIN AUSTRALIA
- 04-23-12 DISPATCH 04-23-12 ADELAIDE / MELBOURNE AUSTRALIA
- 04-08-12 DISPATCH 04-08-12 LOS ANGELES
- 01-29-12 DISPATCH 01-29-12 Saarbrucken Germany
- 01-21-12 DISPATCH 01-21-12 BEXHILL UK
- 01-02-12 DISPATCH 01-01-12 LOS ANGELES
2011December November October
- 10-24-11 DISPATCH 10-23-11 OAKLAND CA
- 10-17-11 DISPATCH 10-16-11 BOSTON MA
- 10-10-11 DISPATCH 10-09-11 PHILADELPHIA PA
- 09-21-11 DISPATCH 09-21-11 VIRGINIA
- 09-11-11 DISPATCH 09-11-11 LOS ANGELES
- 09-07-11 DISPATCH 09-06-11 PORT AU PRINCE HAITI
- 09-01-11 DISPATCH 09-01-11 LOS ANGELES
- 08-22-11 DISPATCH 08-22-11 BELFAST NORTHERN IRELAND
- 08-15-11 DISPATCH 08-15-11 LOS ANGELES CA
- 08-07-11 DISPATCH 08-07-11 LOS ANGELES
- 07-24-11 DISPATCH 07-24-11 LOS ANGELES
- 07-17-11 DISPATCH 07-17-11 LOS ANGELES
- 07-11-11 DISPATCH 07-11-11 ASHEVILLE NC
- 07-03-11 DISPATCH 07-03-11 LOS ANGELES
- 03-14-11 DISPATCH 03-13-11 LOS ANGELES
- 03-06-11 DISPATCH 03-06-11 MELBOURNE AUSTRALIA
- 03-01-11 DISPATCH 02-28-11 LA CA
- 02-20-11 DISPATCH 02-20-11 LOS ANGELES
- 02-10-11 DISPATCH 02-11-11 NEW YORK CITY
- 02-02-11 DISPATCHES JANUARY 2011