Former Black Flag frontman Henry Rollins is bringing his formidable spoken word act back to New Zealand for two shows in August. The outspoken Washingtonian was last in the country in 2012 when he stunned audiences with his “talking shows” (as he calls them), which seamlessly and humorously blend together a mix of political discourse, social commentary and personal anecdotes. Here are the details for his upcoming appearances:
Saturday 27th August, The Crystal Palace, Auckland
Sunday 28th August, Paramount Theatre, Wellington
Read more: http://bit.ly/RollinsNZ2016
Henry Rollins at Largo (Los Angeles, CA) at the Coronet this December:
Henry Rollins’s spoken word performances – “talking shows” as he calls them – are a seamless mix of humor and outrage; pop culture, political commentary and personal anecdote; healthy skepticism and rugged realism.
In describing Henry Rollins, the tendency is to try to squeeze as many labels as possible into a single sentence. “Rollins is many things,” says the Washington Post, “diatribist, confessor, provocateur, humorist, even motivational speaker…his is an enthusiastic and engaging chatter.” Entertainment Weekly’s list includes “Punk-rock icon. Spoken word poet. Actor. Author. DJ. Is there anything this guy can’t do?” TV Guide has more concisely called him a “Renaissance Man” – but if Henry Rollins could be reduced to a single word, that word would undoubtedly be “workaholic.”
For better than a quarter century, Rollins has toured the world as a spoken word artist, as frontman for both Rollins Band and Black Flag and – without a microphone – as a solitary traveler with insatiable curiosity bypassing the resorts in favor of places like Siberia and Senegal, or Burma and Bangladesh.
Monday 12/12 - JUST ANNOUNCED
Henry Rollins returns to Australia this September, in what will be his first all talking affair since 2012 – his longest break from the Antipodes since 1995! The mammoth month long national tour takes in all corners (and comers) from Newcastle to Hobart, Lismore to Margaret River, Milton to Alice Springs as well as the usual expected city hot spots. The September visit also has Henry making his long awaited debut at the Melbourne Arts Centre’s State Theatre. Sydney fans, your time will come; stay tuned for a special show announcement in coming weeks.
Since his last sold out national tour in 2012, Henry, as you would expect, has been busy. Making a number of TV series for National Geographic, and the History Channel, had his first starring role in a feature film ‘He Never Died’, and been a part of one of the greatest live music / silent film projects ever undertaken, along side the likes of Grace Jones, Lemmy, Iggy Pop and many more legends of the game in Gutterdämmerung.
As a solitary traveler with insatiable curiosity, Henry has toured the world as a spoken word artist, as frontman for both Grammy Award nominated Rollins Band and Black Flag, favoring road-less-traveled locales in places such as Nepal, Sri Lanka, Siberia, North Korea, South Sudan and Iran and … Australia!
The epitome of a Renaissance workaholic, traversing multiple arts genres, Henry is an actor (Sons of Anarchy, He Never Died, Gutterdämmerung), voice over artist, author (over 25 books), photographer (Occupants) columnist (LA Weekly, Rolling Stone Australia), TV host (National Geographic, History Channel, IFC), radio DJ (KCRW), activist and spoken word performer (delivering countless shows around the world).
In 2014 he was awarded the prestigious Ray Bradbury Creativity Award in recognition for his lifelong contribution to the arts, his passion for social activism, as well as his intense passion for the importance of maintaining books and libraries.
“Thought-provoking, entertaining and exhilarating, the man is a force to be reckoned with.” The Daily Telegraph
“Rollins’ emphatic, honest and honestly funny performance is a unique and fulfilling experience.” Fasterlouder
“His genuine affection for Australia is undeniable.” The Brisbane Times
TOUR DATES & TICKETS: http://www.feelpresents.com/fp_tour/henry-rollins-2/
2017December October July
2016October July June March
- 03-28-16 Henry Rollins Announces Two New Zealand Shows
- 03-10-16 Henry Rollins at Largo (Los Angeles, CA) at the Coronet this December
- 03-08-16 Henry Rollins returns to Australia this September
- 03-20-15 Henry & Heidi Podcast: Henry & RuPaul
- 03-13-15 Henry & Heidi Podcast: Henry/Ian/Petshop
- 03-06-15 Henry & Heidi Podcast: Talking Shows
- 07-26-14 Double J Show #04 27–07–14
- 07-18-14 Double J Show #03 20–07–14
- 07-11-14 Double J Show #02 13–07–14
- 07-03-14 Double J Show #01 06–07–14
- 07-02-14 Henry Rollins ‘guest in residence’ Double J Radio in Australia info
2013May April January
- 01-23-13 THE LEGEND OF COOL “DISCO” DAN - World Premiere!
- 01-16-13 West of Memphis: Voices for Justice - Available Now
- 01-15-13 West of Memphis: Exclusive Movie Clip and Album Stream
- 11-29-11 No Fear of a Black Friday
- 11-27-11 Drop In The Bucket Benefit 11/30/11 @ THE AVALON IN LOS ANGELES!!!!!
- 09-10-11 9-11-01 – 9-11-11 TEN YEARS IN A DAY
- 09-05-11 STOOGES USA SHOWS POSTPONED DUE TO INJURY—- READ
- 03-23-11 World Water Day
- 03-22-11 Henry to perform at Reading and Leeds Fests this August
- 03-21-11 Comedy Above the Pub Interview
- 03-17-11 Who’s Afraid of Peter King’s Islamophobia Hearings?
- 03-08-11 Henry interviewed by Culture Brats
- 03-08-11 The Defense of Marriage Act Blues
- 03-08-11 Henry on Chelsea Lately tonight
- 02-28-11 Lithium Magazine Interviews Henry
- 02-24-11 Henry in Australia
- 02-23-11 ***CHECK OUT GRAY JOEL - LINK HERE***
- 02-15-11 Prefix Mag Interview Henry
- 02-12-11 *** RON ASHETON CELEBRATION W/ THE STOOGES ANN ARBOR MI 04-19-11 ***
- 02-11-11 Two new DC area interviews with Henry
- 02-02-11 HENRY NOW IN THE PRINT VERSION OF THE LA WEEKLY
- 02-02-11 20 Questions with Henry Rollins
- 02-02-11 FIVE HEIDI & HENRY BATTLING TOPS VIDEOS IN THE VIDEO SECTION. FREE CELLULITE.
- 02-02-11 *** FRESH LINKS FOR FREE DOWNLOAD SHOW #2 AVAILABLE HERE ***
- 01-31-11 Pop Matters Interviews Henry
- 01-24-11 New Tour Pre-sale
- 01-24-11 LA WEEKLY COLUMN #23
- 01-20-11 01-19-11: 12-25-10 DOWNLOAD RE-UP. COME AND GET YO JAMS!!
- 01-03-11 BIRTHDAY SHOW IN DC 2-13-11: SECOND SHOW ADDED
- 12-15-10 Born to Rage Interviews
- 12-12-10 GRINDERMAN ARTICLE FOR LA WEEKLY
- 12-06-10 National Geographic Channel’s “Born to Rage” Airs December 14th
- 12-01-10 Henry Rollins “50” Dates Announced